12.09.2006

Congratulations to us


Just wanted to let you all know how wonderful it was to sleep in this morning and have no remorse about a lazy morning. In fact, the feeling was quite the opposite...pure bliss. No commitments, no pending tests, no worries. I just finished watching Training Day with Denzel Washington. Good show. And I watched it all before noon on a Saturday morning. What will I do now? Clean up the house a bit. Maybe another movie after that.

I mean, all I am worrying about right now is where I am going to come up with a holiday sweater.

Congratulations to everyone on the first milestone towards our medical degrees. I do see it as a milestone. First "semester" of med school...over. We are all still standing...well almost all of us. James told me about his aspirations for yesterday's afternoon, evening, and this morning. It sounded like things might have gotten a little "sloshy." He might not be awake yet. Todd seemed to have similar plans. Toddy, I took you up on the vicarious offer. I had a tall glass of milk this morning...I am counting on you to make up the difference.

And most importantly, I hope we are all thinking of Amber K. I hope she is doing well. She was definitely missed this week.

6 Comments:

At 12/09/2006 2:21 PM, Blogger Brad said...

This morning I went for a run (I can't believe it's 55 degrees outside!), went to a Christmas party (including a yummy waffle breakfast), took my son to a soccer game (he scored a goal!), topped off the antifreeze in the car, secured the swamp cooler cover, delivered goodies from my wife to her friends (it was a favor because she's heading out of town this afternoon and running out of time), and now I'm going to watch Over the Hedge with my son (my daughter is at a friend's house and has already seen it). Good times!

8-)

 
At 12/09/2006 3:10 PM, Blogger Hyperhidrosis said...

Holy crap, Brad-- sounds like you're an overacheiver even on your days off! ;o)

What happened to Amber? :o( For sake of privacy, maybe someone can fill me in at the party tonight.

 
At 12/09/2006 3:15 PM, Blogger Hyperhidrosis said...

Oh, and if we're all sharing--

I celebrated last night by watching Arrested Development (season one) and getting Chinese take-out. Was in my pajamas by 7. Today I took my mom out for a facial, lunch, and shopping. Fun was had. But I still feel stressed. I don't know about you all, but my mind is still racing with facts about muscle attachments and innervation. Grrrr!!!!

 
At 12/09/2006 4:13 PM, Blogger Brad said...

Kinda have to be an overachiever (or insane) when you're married with children and decide to go to medical school...at least I'm not alone here at the U!

 
At 12/10/2006 4:18 PM, Blogger MegaColon said...

AND where were you and your children las night for the eggnog party BRAD!! We missed you. Hopefully we will see you all at the bonfire on friday. And Scott...where was this xmas sweater you were so stressed about? The socks were great though. Just so everyone knows...amber was looking mighty fine last night as a 1980s yuppy/2nd grader. Oh, and Todd's alter ego is named Muffy...he is from the Hamptons.

 
At 12/10/2006 4:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well put MegaColon. The sweater was not to be found. Time mismanagement on my part. Glad you appreciated the socks...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home