12.04.2006

UGMA #3: Imogen Heap


Unusually Good Music Alert #3: Imogen Heap

Some may know her as the singer of Frou Frou, whose song "Let Go" was featured on the Garden State Soundtrack. She's amazing solo and especially great live. I was shocked the first time I heard her layer all the vocals of "Headlock". She's playing a gig this friday at In The Venue. Tickets @ 24tix.com for $16 + service fee.

Major reasons to go see this show:

1) She wrote a killer song about the plague of locusts (as in one of the ten plagues in the Book of Exodus). If she wrote an album about the bible, I'd have stayed awake in sunday school. That's mad skills. I love her lyrics.

2) She is the only performer I've seen who doesn't look stupid playing the keytar. She also plays the mbira, keyboard, a slew of other instruments, and has an incredibly versatile voice.

3) It's the day Block 1 ends. What better way to celebrate than going to listen to fantastic music? (PS- In the Venue has a bar.)

1 Comments:

At 12/08/2006 4:58 PM, Blogger MegaColon said...

I will be there!!! Seriously..she even looks good playing her apple computer!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home