12.17.2006

UGMA #4: The Holiday


Unusually Good Movie Alert #4: The Holiday

I must make the following disclaimers first
1) I'm a sucker for good romantic comedies
2) I could watch a movie with Jude Law in it on mute and be totally content

But those two things notwithstanding, I found it to be quite enjoyable and very well made. Tight script, great editing, and very good direction. Nancy Meyers uses interesting narrative devices to make a movie that seems fresh and original, but familiar (in a good way). If you want a feel good movie that has a fantastic ensemble cast featuring two of the cutest child actors ever, this is for you.

Hope you're all having a lovely holiday! I got up at 11 today. It was awesome.

1 Comments:

At 12/26/2006 7:49 PM, Blogger roccyx said...

i saw this the other day, it is a top notch chick flick. four stars!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home