12.29.2006

Best of 2006

Well, 2006 is coming to a close and everyone's putting out "Best of" lists. I'm interested in knowing what everyone's picks are. Here's mine:

Favorite movie: The Departed

Martin Scorcese does a fantastic job remaking the Hong Kong classic "Internal Affairs". Nicholson, DiCaprio, and Damon round out a solid cast.

Favorite album: Taking The Long Way, The Dixie Chicks.

Yes, I did choose a country album. No, I don't feel the slightest bit bad about it. It's the best type of country. Great stories. Great instrumentals. Great album. No filler and the track order is very well thought out.

What did everyone else like?

3 Comments:

At 12/30/2006 9:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Favorite Movie: Little Miss Sunshine

Favorite Album: AFI - DecemberUnderground

 
At 12/30/2006 3:56 PM, Blogger Johnny Hammersticks said...

I would probably agree with Gspott on both of his choices, but to just say "dito" is pretty lame. So, I'll go with United 93 and Apacalypto for film and The Sounds--Dying to Say This to You for the album. All three were excellent. Yes, Mel is an anti-Semitic nut job but he makes a damn fine film. Yes, there are some highly improbable events in the film that you have to overlook, but Apacalypto was filmed so well that you wouldn't need any dialogue to follow the story...I loved it. I found myself thinking, 'that must be the superficial temporal artery spurting blood from the side of that guy's head.'

 
At 1/03/2007 10:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, you got my runner up for best album TS. I definitely thought the Sounds' sophomore album was a great throwback to the '80s sound. I got to say though, didn't dig the slower songs as much. Her voice isn't suited as well for ballads. Songs like Tony and the Beat however...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home