10.08.2006

Iwa-socked-me with his tunes...



Justin, you have changed my life with Sigur Ros. (That's kind of an exaggeration...but it should manifest my excitement over this band) They weren't at the top of the list to try 'til Heidi mentioned it this weekend. I busted it out and have listened to it all weekend. This is the type of stuff I like...the narrative style music. It says something. Its not contained by popular trends. It just is what it is.

You would like Mum. They are also from Iceland. And of course Bjork. Her song Unravel off of Homogenic is what will echo in the corridors of heaven.

I am a happy man. Of stimuli that humans are receptive to, music is my second favorite. My very favorite is...well...that should be obvious. I mean, I asked Christine where the G Spot was in front of the class...

6 Comments:

At 10/08/2006 11:33 PM, Blogger mr.hanky said...

Their stuff is pretty unearthly, havn't heard any in English but the Islandic lyrics are crazy delicious!

 
At 10/08/2006 11:42 PM, Blogger Armchair-Revolutionary said...

I'm glad I could help. Bjork has been a favorite for a long time. She got me through many a late night. . . . . . There must be something about an extremely homogenous population, clean water, a weird language, and lots of ice?, that creates the perfect environment for music. Or, maybe its just really dull there and they do a lot of drugs. Beats me.

 
At 10/09/2006 12:23 PM, Blogger Hyperhidrosis said...

You could try Amina as well, Pewbs. It's like the chick version of Sigur Ros.

 
At 10/09/2006 11:34 PM, Blogger MegaColon said...

dancer in the dark is such a weird movie. kind of off topic but oh well. Bjork's character is so simple but subject to such a complex situation. Please rent it! I must check out these other bands....

 
At 10/10/2006 1:14 AM, Blogger jujuklutz said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10/10/2006 1:15 AM, Blogger jujuklutz said...

patoooey... i feel out of the loop. other than bjork, i don't know any of these bands/artists....


currently listening to one republic, jack johnson, and mozart while i study... i'll have to check out these other recommendations. =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home